Register for Sparks Academy Today!
SPARKS ACADEMY SOCCER LEAGUE
For Players age 3-9 years old
The AC Brea Sparks Academy Soccer League enters its 9th year under the guidance of our technical director Matt Morse. The Sparks Academy has grown tremendously in this short time from 40 players in 2008 to over 250 players in recent years. We like to say that the Sparks program is a "soft" introduction to the sport of soccer for new or newer young players. With a focus on fun individual and team competition as well as individual player development Sparks offers a wonderful environment for a young player to grow their skills, character and love for the game of soccer!
Our Sparks Academy enrolls on a month to month basis and runs from February until the end of June
Practice and game days / times will remain consistent throughout the entire winter and spring
Sparks fees are collected on a monthly basis which means...
- A player can be registered at any time
- A player can restart the program at any time
- The cost is $190. This fee covers 2 months of play. There is a February/March season and a April/May season
- For non-Brea residents there is a one time $20 city fee
- Professional Coaching
- A Super-Cool Sparks Uniform...Including Jersey, Shorts & Socks
- Three days a week to participate in soccer
NEW PLAYER ENROLLMENT
- Register Online Now
- Using the link to your right
- Walk-Up Registrations Will Be Accepted At The Field
- We accept Cash, Check or Credit Cards
WHEN DOES IT START
- Monday February 5th, 2018
PRACTICE & GAME INFO
- Mondays & Wednesdays practice. Games Saturdays
- 5-6pm , Brea Sports Park
- 8:30 or 9:30am
- Practice and game days / times will remain consistent throughout the entire winter and spring
WHAT WILL MY CHILD NEED
- A properly inflated Soccer Ball
- Properly Inflated = An adult holding the ball with two hands should barely be able to press their thumbs into the ball
- The players name written on the ball in permanent marker
- Soccer Cleats
- Soccer Shin Guards
- A bottle of water
- Does my child have to attend all three sessions each week?
- No, we have designed the Sparks Academy to be an environment thats conducive to busy family schedules...we offer three days a week of soccer but in no way require attendance...come and go as it fits your schedule
- Does my child have to get a soccer ball?
- Yes, we do require this as a good portion of our developmental curriculum is skill work with an individual player and their ball
- Can I as a parent be on the field coaching or rooting my child on?
- No, we ask that parents remain on the perimeter of the playing surface and allow the children to be coached/taught by the professional staff on hand...the soccer field is the AC Brea coaches classroom
- Will my child be "heading" the ball?
- No, we do not allow the players at this age to head the ball nor will be working on this skill
Rainy Day Procedure
The City of Brea makes all decisions on opening or closing the fields we utilize for AC Brea Soccer…twice a day, at 8:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m., the city updates its “Mud Line”… once we receive this information on days of rain we will update the Sparks Academy TeamSnap parent portal …however, parents are encouraged to call the Mud Line themselves for more timely information
Brea City Mud Line – (714) 671-4437
- Contact our Sparks Director Matt Morse at 714-296-5888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calsouth has sanctioned the AC Brea Soccer Programs as one of their "Camps, Clinics & Academy Programs"