Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
I already signed up, is that good enough to be placed in these classes?
No. Every player who would like to participate in our new program, must register again, and select the class they want to enroll in. Click on the link above to finalize your registration. ADD REGISTRATION LINK HERE
We are not comfortable starting October 1, but are considering starting later – Or – We missed the registration window; how do we sign up?
Once we close registration everyone else will be placed on a waiting list we can add players at the start of each month. You will pay the $180 first month fee regardless of the month you begin.
What happens if the State/County never allows games to begin?
We will prorate the costs if the program is limited to only weekday training sessions and no games are allowed due to RTP protocols
Can we play with friends?
Yes! so long as they are in the same birth year, and space permits. Groups are capped at 10 players. On the first day of training just let us know who you want to be with, and we will work to accommodate playing with friends. Due to confidentially, the league will not release information about where a player is registered. Families must work this out prior to registering.
As a parent I was hoping to coach a team. Can I coach?
Unfortunately, this season is different. In trying to keep with the State/County mandates, we are contracting with coaches who are being paid to coach these teams. These paid coaches are mandated to coach in this program within the given State/County mandates. This allows AC Brea to ensure all protocols are being followed. Coaches will receive specific training as it relates to COVID protocol and procedure, as well as check in weekly with League Board of Directors. If you want to be considered as a staff coach for this program please contact our Technical Director, Matt Morse, email@example.com 714-296-5888
What protocols are you following to keep players safe?
AC Brea is an affiliate league with Calsouth - all administrators, players and coaches are covered under the Calsouth insurance. All coaches are licensed through US Soccer and have completed all required training and courses as mandated by Calsouth. All coaches have an approved Live Scan with the Department of Justice.
AC Brea is following the mandates from the California Dept of Public Health, the County of Orange, the Cal South Protocol and Prevention Guidelines and the Cal South Return to Play Phases and Responsibilities.
AC Brea Fall 2020 Player Development Academy
For players born 2009-2016
AC Brea brings you our Fall 2020 Soccer Program for local recreational play and development in our city.
This program is different than we have done in the past with traditional volunteer parent coaches and everyone divided up into separate teams. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our strict Return To Play (RTP) guidelines we must make adjustments be able to get kids back on the field and enjoying soccer, all while maintaining all the State/County requirements.
AC Brea will host a fun, developmental, player focused recreational program very similar to our Winter/Spring “Sparks Academy Soccer League”
- Soccer training sessions (and games) will be led by a USSF/Calsouth certified coach.
- ALL games and practices will take place at either the Brea Sports Park, Arovista Park, or Brea Jr. High.
- Training sessions will be primarily Monday/Wednesday and a few Tuesday/Thursday.
- Games will start on Saturdays as soon as we enter the RTP phase that allows for small-sided games
- We will not be dividing players up into individual teams until after the first couple weeks of training as the players are evaluated and get to know a few different coaches.
- Each coach will be provided a written curriculum for every training session that follows both the RTP guidelines as well as the US Soccer Federation “Play, Practice, Play” (PPP) format of player training and development.
- This program is open to boys and girls born from 2008-2016.
- Trainings will start on Wednesday, October 7 and will be 1 hour long sessions twice a week
- Season ends on Saturday, December 19
- No practices during the week of Thanksgiving
Registration Fees Cover
Player registration fee includes the following:
- Calsouth licensed and certified Coach
- Calsouth Insurance
- Field and league equipment
- AC Brea admin fees
- 2 training sessions per week (Saturday games will be included at no additional cost as RTP protocols allow)
- $180 registration fee covers all above costs and first month of play
- $60 per month for 2nd and 3rd months (November & December)
As an affiliate league to Calsouth, AC Brea is following all the protocols and guidelines as set forth by Calsouth, County of Orange, and the State of California.
For more information, please review the following links:
How to Clean:
CDC Self Checker:
CDC-How to Wash Hands:
CDC- Protecting yourself:
Intercity Recreational Director (U12 & up)
U10 Recreational Director
U8 Recreational Director
Clinic Recreational Director