The Sparks Development Academy Soccer League will be specialized in 2021. We will have specific programs for GIRLS and for BOYS. We will account for every players uniqueness - age, gender, ability, knowledge, and temperment.
SPARKS ACADEMY SOCCER LEAGUE
For Players age 3-12 years old
The AC Brea Sparks Academy Soccer League enters its 11th year under the guidance of AC Brea Soccer Association. The Sparks Academy has grown tremendously in this short time from 40 players in 2008 to over 250 players in recent years. We like to say that the Sparks program is our "Grassroots" introduction to the sport of soccer for new or young players. With a focus on fun individual and team competition as well as individual player development Sparks offers a wonderful environment for a young player to grow their skills, character and love for the game of soccer!
Our Sparks Academy enrollment begins on January 1st and will end on February 15th, 2021
8 weeks w/ 1 training and 1 Gameday when permitted by State (Additional training will be in place of Game in case games are still not permitted).
1 T-Shirt 1 Short and Socks
U6 = WEDNESDAYS at 5:30pm and SATURDAYS at 8:30am
U8 = WEDNESDAYS at 5:30pm and SATURDAYS at 8:30am
U10 = WEDNEDSDAYS at 7:00pm and SATURDAYS at 10:00am
U12 WEDNESDAYS at 7:00pm and SATURDAYS at 10:00am
All sessions are 1 hour in duration.
- The cost is $195.00
- Fee covers uniform, fields, insurance, admin costs and coaching.
- For non-Brea residents there is a one time $15 city fee
- Professional Coaching
- We use the official US Soccer Play-Practice-Play curriculum
- A Super-Cool Sparks Uniform...Including Jersey, Shorts & Socks
- 2 days a week to participate in soccer
NEW PLAYER ENROLLMENT
- Register Online Now
- No Walk-Up Registrations!
- All payments are to be made online.
WHEN DOES IT START/End
- Start date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- End date: Saturday, May 5, 2021
WHAT WILL MY CHILD NEED
- A properly inflated Soccer Ball
- Properly Inflated = An adult holding the ball with two hands should barely be able to press their thumbs into the ball
- The players name written on the ball in permanent marker
- Soccer Cleats
- Soccer Shin Guards
- A bottle of water
- Sparks training jersey
- Does my child have to get a soccer ball?
- Yes, we do require this as a good portion of our developmental curriculum is skill work with an individual player and their ball
- Can I as a parent be on the field coaching or rooting my child on?
- No, we ask that parents remain on the perimeter of the playing surface and allow the children to be coached/taught by the professional staff on hand...the soccer field is the AC Brea coaches classroom
- Will my child be "heading" the ball?
- No, we do not allow the players at this age to head the ball nor will be working on this skill
Rainy Day Procedure
The City of Brea makes all decisions on opening or closing the fields we utilize for AC Brea Soccer…twice a day, at 8:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m., the city updates its “Mud Line”… once we receive this information on days of rain we will update the Sparks Academy TeamSnap parent portal …however, parents are encouraged to call the Mud Line themselves for more timely information
Brea City Mud Line – (714) 671-4437
- Contact for Sparks Program Luis Murillo (714) 644-0739 email@example.com