2023 SPRING SOCCER
SPARKS ACADEMY SOCCER LEAGUE
For Players age 3-12 years old
The AC Brea Sparks Academy Soccer League enters its 11th year under the guidance of AC Brea Soccer Association. The Sparks Academy has grown tremendously in this short time from 40 players in 2008 to over 250 players in recent years. We like to say that the Sparks program is our "Grassroots" introduction to the sport of soccer for new or young players. With a focus on fun individual and team competition as well as individual player development Sparks offers a wonderful environment for a young player to grow their skills, character and love for the game of soccer!
Our Sparks Academy enrollment begins on November 21st and will end on January 31st, 2023
10 weeks w/ 1 training a week (U10 and older will vary based on spring select coaches)
8-10 Games begining in March ending April 29th.
1 T-Shirt 1 Short and Socks
U6 = WEDNESDAYS at 5:30pm-6:30pm and SATURDAYS at 9:30am
U8 = WEDNESDAYS at 6:30pm-7:30pm and SATURDAYS at 10:30am
U10 = Will participate with fall recreational coaches in Spring Select Division
U12 = Will participate with fall recreational coaches in Spring Select Division
All sessions are 1 hour in duration.
- The cost is $195.00
- Fee covers uniform, fields, insurance, admin costs and coaching.
- For non-Brea residents there is a one time $15 city fee
- AC Brea Staff Coaching and Volunteer Coaches.
- We use the official US Soccer Play-Practice-Play curriculum
- A Super-Cool Sparks Uniform...Including Jersey, Shorts & Socks
- 1 day a week in February
- 2 days a week in March and April (Except on Easter Sunday)
NEW PLAYER ENROLLMENT
- Register Online Now
- No Walk-Up Registrations!
- All payments are to be made online.
WHEN DOES IT START/End
- Start date: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- End date: Saturday, April 29th, 2023
WHAT WILL MY CHILD NEED
- A properly inflated Soccer Ball
- Properly Inflated = An adult holding the ball with two hands should barely be able to press their thumbs into the ball
- The players name written on the ball in permanent marker
- Soccer Cleats
- Soccer Shin Guards
- A bottle of water
- Sparks training jersey
- How are games played?
- Games will be 4v4 USSF standard game setting for all U8 and younger. U6 will be co-ed and U8 will be by gender, but may play other genders in game days.
- Can I make a buddy request?
- Yes, for the spring you can request to have friends on the same team, although there is no guarantee this will occur we will try our best to group players. Players must be same division for this request to be considered. All request must be in writing and completed prior to registration deadling, any request made after will be under review for consideration.
- Does my child have to get a soccer ball?
- Yes, we do require this as a good portion of our developmental curriculum is skill work with an individual player and their ball
- Can I as a parent be on the field coaching or rooting my child on?
- No, we ask that parents remain on the perimeter of the playing surface and allow the children to be coached/taught by the professional staff on hand...the soccer field is the AC Brea coaches classroom
- Will my child be "heading" the ball?
- No, we do not allow the players at this age to head the ball nor will be working on this skill
- What is the refund policy?
- Refunds request will only be accepted in writing prior to program/season start. Once the program/season is underway, no refunds will be given. Last day to drop is February 1st, 2022 by midnight.
Rainy Day Procedure
The City of Brea makes all decisions on opening or closing the fields we utilize for AC Brea Soccer…twice a day, at 8:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m., the city updates its “Mud Line”… once we receive this information on days of rain we will update the Sparks Academy TeamSnap parent portal …however, parents are encouraged to call the Mud Line themselves for more timely information
Brea City Mud Line – (714) 671-4437
- Contact for Sparks Program Luis Murillo (714) 644-0739 firstname.lastname@example.org